As far as I’m concerned, 4th of July parties are just dandy. I’m proud to be an American, and this is the day I show it. I dress up in my best red, white and blue, I go to parades, I go to a picnic and throw a Frisbee® and run through a sprinkler if there is one; I go to fireworks, I wave the flag and during this entire time I eat until I’m sick. Yep. Let’s just take a look at what passed these lips during our patriotic picnic last year:
- A fruit flag using strawberries as the stripes and blueberries as the stars...I didn’t know if this was an appetizer or dessert, but that didn’t stop me.
- A variety of chips with what they called a fireworks dip that was so spicy I was belting out “Oh, say can you see...?” because my eyes were watering so badly, I couldn’t see anything.
- A Blue cheese burger with red onions and mayonnaise...so good and so red, so white and so blue.
- A hot dog wrapped in a Pillsbury® crescent, baked and made to look like a firecracker with potato sticks coming out of the top...the best.
- Berry Blue Jello and Strawberry Jello cut in the shapes of stars and displayed beautifully on a white platter—they melted in seconds, but I found a straw and enjoyed myself.
- Upside down ice cream cones reminiscent of Uncle Sam filled with whipped cream (for his beard) and topped off with red and blue M&Ms for his nose and eyes.
I was happy.
God Bless America!
The Party Girl