This easy to make luau umbrella wreath is a perfect themed decoration for an upcoming luau party my sister is throwing! Umbrella drink picks (which you can find at your local GFS) are not only cheap but can be incorporated into a bunch of decorating Ideas for a Luau Party.
Apart from this wreath, I also made a simple candle centerpiece and luau rice krispie desserts using these umbrellas. Check out my tutorial below on how to make this wreath, and make sure to take a look at our other Luau Party Ideas for dozens of party tips and tricks!
- Foam wreath form
- Umbrella picks (50-100 depending on size of wreath)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Thin ribbon (for hanging)
- I started off this wreath by first opening all the umbrellas I thought I would need. I used about 70 umbrellas for my tightly packed wreath.
- Next, put a dot of hot glue about halfway up the wooden pick and poke the umbrella into the wreath form until the glue touches the foam.
- Continue around the wreath, adding umbrellas as you go. I made my wreath tightly packed, overlapping umbrellas sometimes half of the way.
- Finally, add a loop of 3-4 inch ribbon to the top of the wreath in the back (secure with hot glue), and hang with a tack or on a hook.
Enjoy the bright colors of your wreath at your luau, and follow some more of our party advice over at Party411.com: