If you’re having a viewing party for the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics, what better way to get your guests involved in the action than by passing out fun Olympic flashlight torches! As the actual Olympic flame is lit during the opening ceremonies, have guests light their Olympic torches, too. They’ll love this interactive decoration along with everything else you have cooked up for the party! Follow my easy DIY for this craft, and GO TEAM USA!
Materials (makes 1 flashlight torch)
- 1 sheet 12x12 gold glitter cardstock
- Red and yellow tissue paper
- Orange tulle
- Clear packing tape
- Xacto knife
- First, layer two sheets of yellow and red tissue paper. Cut it into a 20x4” rectangle, and cut a flame design along one edge.
- Next, measure and cut square from the gold glitter paper to fit around the base of flashlight. Use an Xacto knife to cut a hole for the flashlight button.
- Wrap the base of the flashlight in the paper, and secure it with clear packing tape.
- Then, measure and cut a rectangle of glitter paper to fit around the top of the flashlight. Cut the rectangle of tissue paper in half, and layer the four sheets of tissue with two pieces of orange tulle.
- Tape the layers to the glitter paper using clear packing tape; then attach to the top of the flashlight.