I had this absolutely delicious Christmas Sangria at a holiday party recently and just had to share the recipe with all of you! If you’re wondering How to Host a Christmas Open House, the perfect party punch can help make your holiday party a hit!
With fresh green apples and bright red cranberries, this drink not only looks like Christmas but tastes like it, too. Whip up a quick batch of the good stuff before guests arrive, and take a look at our other Christmas Party Ideas for more inspiration, too!
I love how the hostess served the sangria next to a Christmas arrangement. The arrangement had fresh evergreen, eucalyptus, red flowers, and orange with cloves. It was the perfect holiday touch (and smelled wonderful!).
Ingredients (makes one pitcher)
- 1 bottle pinot grigio
- ½ cup white grape juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Several sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 granny smith apples, diced
- In a small pan, stir the grape juice, sugar, and one cup of wine. Bring the mixture to a boil, so the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cranberries, and cook until they just begin to pop (30 seconds to a minute).
- Strain the cranberries, putting the liquid off to the side.
- In your pitcher, combine the remaining wine, cranberries, rosemary, and apples.
- Then, chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Add the reserved liquid before serving.
- To make the amount seen in the pictures, the hostess doubled this recipe.
*Recipe modified from Cooking Stoned.*
Merry Christmas from everyone here at Party411.com, and don't forget to save a glass of sangria for The Party Girl!