LeBron James left Cleveland for hurricanes and fair weather fans. As Clevelanders we can be upset. We can burn jerseys. We can cry. We can be bitter. OR we can throw a party. A divorce party that is. Normally our divorce party is for ending a marriage, but for many Clevelanders LeBron leaving us is akin to it. But our ex did it on national TV :( So buck up and celebrate your way through the breakup!
- Bonfire. Not for warmth because it’s actually warm in Cleveland now, but to burn all of your LeBron memorabilia. Did it cost a lot? Oh yes. Will you feel better? Absolutely. If you or a guest plays trumpet consider a funeral service for all of your memorabilia. Also fat heads are on sale.
- Cleveland food. Support the local products. Hot dogs with Cleveland Stadium mustard, Pierre's ice cream, Malley's Chocolate, Great Lakes Brewing Company beer and of course corned beef. Not only do you cover every part of your meal, but it’s all local. We still have a lot to be proud of here in Cleveland!
- Decorations. Hang your banners, photos and other memorabilia from all the other Cleveland teams, and players. Create an atmosphere of pure Cleveland, sure it’s not a lot of championships but it’s been a lot of great memories.
- Activities. I always like a challenge. Get a dart board and a photo of LeBron and Art Modell. Line up your guests and let them have at it. See once and for all who the most despised person in Cleveland is. I would also suggest playing highlights of all the great sporting events from Cleveland’s history. Admittedly you might have to go back a little for moments that won’t make you want to pull your hair out or give you a heart attack. Think Jim Brown.
- Now get involved. We love Cleveland, so let's show it. Visit the beautiful art museum that is getting a face-lift as we speak. Go hear our world class orchestra at Severance. Walk through the Metroparks, spend a day at the zoo, visit the West Side Market, make plans to celebrate the start of football season. Enjoy this awesome city.
These are just a few suggestions to making your LeBron James Divorce Party a success. Sure, it sucks, but life’s short so make it a party.