When I was brainstorming Ideas for a Bridal Shower I was throwing, I wanted to come up with as many romantic white and black decorations as possible that wouldn’t break the bank. I ended up making a few easy black and white letter banners to hang in doorways, along the venue’s fireplace, and even at the entrance!
I used quotes from the recognizable (and appropriate) Beatles song “All You Need Is Love”. Besides the main banner that said “All You Need Is Love, Love Is All You Need”, I also made one that said “Love Love Love” along with “Mr.” and “Mrs.” banners to hang at the entrance. While they may look involved, with a die-cut or Cricut machine, you’ll be able to make one in no time. After following my simple tutorial below, don’t forget to take a look at our other Bridal Shower Theme Ideas, which you can incorporate into your special event!
- Sheer 1/4"-1/2" black ribbon
- Black cardstock
- White cardstock
- Glue gun
- Glue stick
- Straight pins
- First, I measured and cut the length of ribbon I needed for the banner. The length of the ribbon will depend entirely upon what quotation you choose, how much space you need to cover, and how large your die-cut letters are. The ribbon for the "All You Need Is Love" banner was about 8 feet long.
- I marked the center of the ribbon with a straight pin as well as where I wanted the letters to start and stop on either end of banner.
- Next, I cut my die-cut letters out of heavy cardstock. If you have access to a die-cut machine, great! Use a Cricut is you don't. I cut the quotes in both black and white (the shower’s colors).
- I then used a glue stick to attach a black letter on top of each white one. I slightly offset the letters, so the white looked like it was outlining the black letter.
- After the letters dried, I secured the tops of each one to the ribbon with hot glue, starting in the center and working my way out.
- Afterwards, I trimmed and sealed the ends with a lighter and mounted the banners in doorways, along fireplaces, and at the entrance with glue dots.
Make sure to check out all of my posts on this black and white southern theme shower as well as our other shower tips and tricks at Party411.com: