These easy shortbread favors were a hit among family and friends at a wedding shower I threw for my sister-in-law! Not only were the cookies delicious, but I worked hard to make the sign-in table and favors match our black and white southern theme. Even though I came up with many Bridal Shower Theme Ideas I loved (like this DIY black and white banner), the favors were my favorite! Check out some more sign-in table pictures below along with the simple shortbread recipe so you can make your own.
I packaged these sweet favors in clear glassine bags and tied each one with a 1/4" black ribbon. I created the Shortbread Favor Tags (to download click on the link) using a free graphic from The Graphics Fairy.
I made sure to frame a sign reminding family and friends to take a favor (black and white, of course!). I added a vase of white hydrangeas to tie in with the rest of the arrangements and add height to the sign-in table.
As a sign-in book, my mother-in-law purchased a coffee table book about Charleston, South Carolina. Not only did the book match our southern theme, but Charleston was the location of the couple's first vacation, so it will be used again and again (and may inspire a few future trips)! Family and friends picked their favorite pages and left well wishes and advice for the bride and groom.
Shortbread Cookie Recipe
Ingredients (recipe courtesy of Food Network)
- 3 sticks (3/4 lbs) softened unsalted butter
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Mix the butter and sugar until just combined. Add the vanilla.
- Sift the flour and salt, and add to the butter mixture on low speed until just combined. (Don’t over mix!)
- Shape the mixture into a disk on a floured surface, wrap, and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Next, roll the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness on a floured surface and cut with a cookie cutter. (I used a heart, which coordinated well with my other “Love” decorations.)
- Cook on an ungreased baking sheet for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are just brown. Remove the cookies from the sheet and allow to cool.
**Recipe Variations: Try sprinkling raw sugar on the cookies before baking for a sweet touch. Or, drizzle melted chocolate over cooled cookies for your chocoholic family and friends.
Enjoy making your shortbread favors, and take a look at our other bridal shower tips and tricks over at Party411.com: