My life is busy. Seems like I never have time to do those “special” things I have on my to-do list. Well this year will be different. I’m treating Leap Day as an extra day in my life. I get by with 365 days every other year. So I figure I can get my work done in 365 days this. Bingo, one extra day in my life.
I’m pretty good at going on “dates” with my wife and hugging my kids so you won’t see that sort of thing on this list. I’m going for the things I never seem to have time for. I’ve got 7 to choose from. I figure I should be able to squeeze 4 or 5 of them into a one great day.
- Go to an Ohio State basketball game. My son is getting his PhD. In Columbus and that 2 hour drive from Cleveland never seems to happen I’ve cancelled on him twice already this year because other things have interfered. I figure with tickets in hand I would have to go and see my kid and a good game. Great fun.
- Really watch a sunrise or a sunset. We used to live 3 houses from the lake and this would happen occasionally. Since we moved many years ago it never happens. Good for the soul and a good way to contemplate your place in the universe. I think this one has to happen.
- Go for a walk in a creek in the Metroparks and catch salamanders. I used to do this with the boys. It was fun. It was healthy. It was eye-opening. They went off to school and I stopped doing it. I like this one a lot but it’s messy. Not sure I can fit it in.
- Go watch WWE Monday Night Raw live or go to a Great Lakes Shakespeare Festival play. I know this doesn’t make sense but whenever I figure out what live entertainment to see these two always make the initial list but never make the final cut. Today’s the day I finally fit one of them in!
- Sit on my patio, with my very best friends, drink a few beers and talk about everything and nothing. We used to do this always. Now there has to be a social event with plenty of people around and a theme of some sort. I just want 3 or 4 of us to ramble into the early hours.
- Go dancing. Enough said.
- Go for a train ride. I’m talking about going in style. With a drink car and a dinner car. There seems to be a romance to this but flying or driving always seems faster. Today I have the time.
Of course, if none of this happens Leap Day seems like a good idea for a party.
Just curious. What would you do with an extra day?