If you’re hosting an Elegant Christmas Party for your family and friends, make sure your place settings stand out at dinner by putting your menu and favors in a handmade felt stocking. I created these, each with their own design, for my red and white Christmas table. Mix and match the colors, fonts, and favors to fit your ideal look! After following my easy DIY tutorial for this project below, make sure to take a peek at our other Christmas Party Ideas, too!
- Felting Needles
- Styrofoam (rectangle 1-2” thick)
- Red and white felt
- Red and white baker’s twine
- PDF Felt Stocking Template
- White cardstock
- Christmas stocking stuffers (candy canes, pencils, party beads, etc.)
- Print the free PDF Felt Stocking Template and use it to trace and cut two stockings and two cuffs from red and white felt. Using the felting needles, felt the each cuff to the stocking. Make sure to put a piece of Styrofoam under the project while you are doing this.
- Next, cut designs of your choice like the ones below from the felt and felt the designs onto the stockings. Make sure you reverse the design on one of the socks so the design faces outwards when you sew them together.
- Put the wrong sides of each stocking together and sew a blanket stitch along the edges. If you're not sure how to sew a blanket stitch, check out this easy video tutorial.
- Print your menu on heavy white cardstock and cut it to fit the stocking. Add fun Christmas themed treats like candy canes, pencils, and party beads to not only create a fun place setting but an even better favor!