I wanted to make sure to celebrate my friend Tamara's graduation from nursing school, and now that she "calls the shots", it was time to come up with some amazing nursing school graduation party ideas! I decorated a green and pink party table, and decided to hand out chocolate bars packaged in these graduation nursing school candy bar wrappers. They were such a fun and personalized touch to the party - I chose a custom message for Tamara, her family, and all of her friends!
Along with chocolate, each person received a "Happy Pills" favor. I scored these glass prescription bottles from my mom (who's a nurse) and filled them with Skittles. An easy label completed the look, and these Happy Pills matched my nursing theme perfectly! I also set up a nursing themed candy bar where guests could grab their favorite treats. Clear jars filled to the top with delicious candies made the candy bar table look amazing! Make sure to include a few of these themed goodies - each with its own little sign, of course:
- Clogged Arteries: Red licorice, Twizzlers, or Red Vines
- Antibiotics: Mike N Ikes
- Urine Samples: Lemon Heads, gold wrapped Rolos or mini Reese's Cups (any yellow candy will do!)
- Kidney Stones: Malt Balls or Milk Duds
- Cotton Swabs: Marshmallows
- Kisses for Your Boo Boo: Hershey's Kisses
- Gauze: Cotton Candy
- Red Blood Cells: Red Hots or Red Gummies
- White Blood Cells: Life Saver Mints
- From the Doctor: Safety Suckers, DumDums, or Blow Pops (because everyone wants a sucker when they go to the doctors!)
- An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away: Caramel Apple Pops
- Thermometers: Pixie Sticks
Don't forget to pass out graduation nursing school theme favor bags, so your guests can easily pack up all of their goodies! I love how these favor bags were personalized to match the chocolate bar favors, too.
Setting up a small favor table near your party's entrance/exit is another great way to display favors. If a candy bar isn't your style, try one of these nursing graduation themed favors:
- Graduation Nursing School Lollipop: Leave a personalized message on these graduation nursing school lollipops to families and friends!
- Germ Juice: Slap a "Germ Juice" label or a small tag on mini bottles of hand sanitizer.
- First Aid Kits: Mini first aid kits that can easily slip into a purse or glove box are practical and thoughtful favors.
- Latex Glove Favors: Fill a latex glove with an assortment of candies, and ties at the top with ribbon and a note from the grad.
- Doctor Kit Sets: For the kiddos at your party, pass out doctor kit sets you can find for cheap at the dollar store.
Whatever you choose, the guest of honor will never forget this once in a lifetime party. Make it special with a favor they'll remember forever! Once you've decided on favors, check out more of my nursing graduation party ideas below: