It's so easy to decorate for your nursing school graduation party! Along with matching Nursing School Graduation Party Invitations and Party Favors, there are a million ways to decorate for your party, whether it's a green, pink or blue theme. For the grad party I threw for my friend Tamara, I made sure to incorporate a lot of medical supplies with more traditional decorations like balloons and crepe paper. Use a few of these ideas to get jump started:
- A Graduation Nursing School Theme Banner makes a big statement at your entrance. Flank with balloon bouquets or go all out with a balloon arch over the doorway!
- A lifesized cutout of a nurse in scrubs is a great way to greet guests at the door. I had a personalized stand up of Tamara made for my party table. Plus, stand ups are a perfect photo opportunity!
- At your sign-in table, set out some scrubs and permanent markers. Guests can write messages to the grad on the scrubs as an improvised "guest book"!
- Balloon bouquets are a great way to fill up a party space. Bouquets of balloons in "scrubs" green and pink were at all my party hot spots, and I made sure to stick inflated latex gloves in each bouquet to match the theme.
- Hang medical charts and posters all around your party space. The grad will sure be glad her all-nighters are over with!
- Repurpose Halloween decorations at your graduation nursing party! I dug out a few plastic skeletons and dressed them in scrubs and accessories from children's doctor's kits. "RN Bones" was the hit of the party!
- Make sure to decorate your guests, too! I handed out surgical masks and caps as guests arrived. A few of them even showed up in scrubs!
- Children's doctor kits make great decorations, and they're cheap, too! Use them in centerpieces and as cake toppers!
- Make sure all your decorations match with coordinating favors at each place setting. Keep it simple with personalized graduation nursing school water bottle labels, favors bags and even candy bar wrappers!
- Scatter a handful of personalized graduation confetti around each table - it's customized to match your color scheme, graduation year, and even include a picture of the guest of honor!
Photo Booth Decorations
- Photo booths are all the rage at graduation parties! They're a great way to make memories. Make sure to have all sorts of fun nursing theme props at yours - surgical masks and caps, scrubs, speech bubbles, bed pans, stethoscopes, and graduations robes and caps.
- Guests will love posing with a nurse in scrubs photo op in your photo booth area!
- Make sure to have a friend keep an eye on the booth for you throughout the party. Print the pictures and display them on your favor table for guests to take before they head home!
Need more ideas for your nursing graduation party? Take a look at the links below to see more from my nursing party for Tamara: