For my cousin's milestone birthday party, we made a blue ombre party table backdrop to match a blue theme. Instead of using just a plastic cloth or banner as a backdrop, the link chains added some fun texture and color. Plus, it's something a little different!
Do you need Milestone Birthday Party Ideas for your color theme birthday? You can't go wrong by decorating with this fun DIY backdrop in any color. Another great place to start is with our Milestone Theme Invitations and Party Favors - there are all sorts of color options to choose from, including blue!
While everyone knows how to make link chains, below are a few helpful tips to help you save time and avoid any problems:
- I started off by buying heavy card stock in white and various shades of blue to create the ombre effect. Heavy cardstock looks better and is more durable then construction paper but is a little more expensive. I say, it's definitely worth the extra cost!
- Use a paper cutter to cut 6" x 1 1/2" strips. I got 8-10 strips out of each 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock.
- While you might think glue is the best way to go, a stapler was actually the easiest and fastest way to make the link chains.
- To hang the backdrop, we attached two Command hooks to the wall and strung the chains on a dowel rod (from lightest to darkest). Then, all we had to do was set the dowel rod on the hooks.
- Keep in mind, your backdrop will look better if you pack the link chains tightly. You'll need 25-30 chains to make a backdrop for a 6-ft table (or about 5-6 chains per foot).
Want to see more ideas from this blue theme birthday party? Check out these posts: