St. Paddy’s Day is right around the corner, and I’ve been scrambling for some great last minute St. Patrick’s Day Party Ideas for my sister’s annual St. Pat’s Day House Party. Of course, she asked me to bring a dessert, and I immediately thought of these lime green sherbet floats – perfectly fits the theme!
To make these St. Patrick’s Day floats, all I did was fill glasses with lime green sherbet and then add lemon-lime soda (like Sierra Mist or 7-Up). If you’d like to serve these to adults, just add a shot of lime or lemon flavored vodka!
The little shamrock straw toppers were fun to make, too. They’re perfect for an Easy St. Pat’s Open House Party. Sham-ROCK the House! Check out my tutorial with pictures below:
- Green cardstock cut into 5" squares
- Paper straws
- Cut cardstock into 5" squares. I used different colors just to give each one a uniqueness!
- Fold the square into a triangle, and then fold it again into a smaller triangle.
- Draw a circle around the corner of the paper. (This will be your shamrock leaves.) Next, use cut the shamrock out.
- Unfold the shamrock and then fold it in half (and then in half again) to create folds that cut down the center of each "leaf". Then, cut an "x" in the center of the shamrock for the straw.
- Finally, push the shamrock onto the straw and serve with a delicious lime St. Pat's Day float!
Happy St. Patrick's Day, and don't forget to save a float for the Party Girl!