This year, why not host an Easy St. Pats Open House Party. Sham-ROCK the House. Of course, you’ll need to find a way to keep the adults and kids at your party entertained. We have tons of great St. Patrick’s Day Party Games for adults, but if you’re inviting younger guests, there are definitely a few fun themed games you can throw together with little preparation.
I came up with five fun party games the kids can start playing the second they step through your door. Check them out below, and don’t forget to take a look at my other great St. Patrick’s Day Party Ideas, too.
St. Pat's Day Party Games
1. “Wearing o’ the Green” Door Prize: On your party invitations, make sure you tell your guests to wear green! As the kids arrive, count how many articles of clothing have green on them. The guest wearing the most green wins a door prize! Of course, the prize should be green, too – like one of these awesome St. Patrick’s Day hats.
2. Rainbow Matching Game (see pics): Attach circles of paper with double stick tape to the undersides of Hershey Kisses. The paper should be all the colors of the rainbow. (ROY-G-BIV!) Have players stand all the kisses up and play a matching game. When players get a pair, they get to keep and eat the kisses! No prizes needed for this tasty game…
3. Find the Four Leaf Clover: Depending on how many players you have, cut 100-200 three leaf clovers from green construction paper and at least one four-leaf clover per player. Scatter the clovers around your venue, and let the game begin! Have players hunt for a four-leaf clover, and once they find one, they can turn it in for a prize! These St. Patrick’s Day Theme Candy Bar Wrappers make perfect prizes.
4. Shamrock Scavenger Hunt: Of course, it’s not St. Patrick’s Day without hunting down a leprauchan and a pot o’ gold! So make sure you have a Shamrock theme scavenger hunt. Write clues on green construction paper shamrocks, and make sure they’re in limerick form, like this one-
There once was a St. Patty’s party,
Where all of the kids were big smarties,
They looked for a clue,
Underneath all the shoes,
Then said, “Maybe we’ll win a Ferrari!”
Include 5-6 clues in your scavenger hunt that takes players all over your venue and leads them to a large plastic “pot o’ gold” filled with St. Patrick’s Day prizes (think Halloween decorations – a black cauldron works!).
5. Guess the Gold: Fill a glass ball jar with gold coins, and have guests write down how many they think there are. The player with the closest guess gets to take the jar home as a prize!
Good luck planning your St. Patrick's Day Open House from the Party Girl!