The Halloween Lab Lollipop display I made for my Mad Scientist Halloween Party was a huge hit with family and friends. I created two stands with glass vases, Styrofoam balls, stretchy spider webs, and a lot of patience. It took me a while to make the lollipops work in the first stand, but after I figured out the logistics, my second display was easy!
I thought I’d pass along a tutorial to help you make your own. My twelve lollipops really popped with all the other desserts in my Halloween Spooky Lab Candy Buffet. Make sure to take a look at all our other Mad Scientist Laboratory Halloween Ideas, too, so you can surprise all the monsters at your next party!
Materials (makes 1 display)
- A glass vase
- Black permanent marker
- Two pieces cardstock (theme colors are yellow, green, and blue)
- White stretchy spider webs
- Styrofoam ball
- Small glass vase (same diameter as Styrofoam ball)
- Six Halloween Lab Lollipops
- First, draw the "beaker" measurements on the side of the vase with black permanent marker. It should dry quickly in about 5 minutes.
- Then, cut the paper cardstock to the height of the vase and arrange the paper around the inside edge. The cardstock will help hide the styrofoam stand.
- Next, wedge the styrofoam ball into the second small vase, and push the lollipops into the Styrofoam about 3 inches.
- Put the small vase into the large vase. You may need to pad the smaller vase with hand towels so that it doesn't slide around in the larger vase.
- Finally, arrange the stretchy spider webs at the base of the lollipops so it looks like "foam" in a "beaker". Enjoy!
Have fun building your own candy display, and don't forget to take a look at my other detailed posts on this Mad Scientist Halloween Party: