My mother-in-law suggested I make these luau rice krispie desserts for my sister’s annual luau party. With teddy grahams swimming in peach ring inner tubes and sunbathing on the beach underneath umbrellas, this dessert is sure to be a favorite with both children and adult guests. Plus, they’re easy to make! Follow my how-to below, and if you need more Ideas for a Luau Party, jump on over to Party411.com. We have tons of Luau Party Ideas to peruse.
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 package marshmallows (about 10 oz) OR 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Blue food coloring
- 5-7 tbs water
- Peach gummy rings
- Teddy grahams
- 1 sleeve crushed graham crackers
- Umbrella picks
- Wax paper
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add rice krispies and stir thoroughly.
- Using a greased spatula, press mixture into a 13 x 9 pan coated with cooking spray. Cool and cut into 2-3 inch squares.
- To make the icing, mix the water, powdered sugar, and food coloring in a bowl. (Put in food coloring until it reaches desired color.) Dip the top and sides of each rice krispie square and place on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.
- Before the icing hardens, decorate with crushed graham crackers (“sand”), peach rings (“inner tubes”), teddy grahams (“swimmers and sunbathers”), and an umbrella pick (for “shade”).
- Remove the treats from the sheet once they’re dry and display on a tray. Enjoy!
Coordinate your party with Luau Theme Party Invitations and Favors that not only match this dessert but luau decor, too!