When you're coming up with Summer Block Party Ideas for this year's event, make sure to choose a theme that both the kids and adults will enjoy! Watermelon! Our bright new line of Summer Watermelon Party Invitations and Favors will give a pop of color to your block party, and there is nothing easier than creating a menu, activities, and decorations that revolve around everyone's favorite summer treat. Make sure to take a look at some of our other fun watermelon theme party ideas below for more inspiration, too!
Five Watermelon Summer Block Party Ideas
- Mail your invites in a bright green envelope to match the paper, and don't forget to include a packet of watermelon seeds as a way to get guests ready to party!
- Instead of a traditional spiked punch, serve your favorite cocktail in a watermelon keg! Make the keg by cutting off the top of a watermelon. (You'll put it back on when you're done.) Clean out the inside of the watermelon, cut a hole near the bottom, and attach a spigot in the hole. Add your favorite punch for a watermelon treat!
- Order bunches of pink and green balloons, and add "watermelon seeds" to the pink balloons with a black permanent marker. This fun themed decoration is cheap and easy! Make sure to place the balloon bunches on buffet tables and at the entrance of the party to draw guests' attention.
- Try making easy watermelon cupcakes for the dessert table! Add red food coloring to white cake mix until it turns a watermelon pink, and put a cup of chocolate chips in the cake mix as "watermelon seeds." Then, dye vanilla frosting with green food coloring and spread them over your cooled cupcakes for a tasty themed treat.
- Instead of serving the kiddos regular slices of watermelon, cut fun shapes from large chunks of watermelon using cookie cutters. Stars are a fun and easy option and would work well for a Memorial Day or Fourth of July block party. (Very patriotic!)
Have fun planning your watermelon theme summer block party, and make sure to save a watermelon coctail for the Party Girl!