Our new Graduation License Plate Invitation would be a fun option for a car or travel theme graduation party! Add a personalized license plate message, too, like “OFF 2 OSU” or “GRAD PRTY.” Your grad will love these invites, especially if part of their graduation gift is a new (or used) car to head off to college with! Don’t forget to take a look at some of our car theme graduation ideas below, and check out our other matching Graduation License Plate Invitations and Party Favors, which include personalized water bottle labels, candy bar wrappers, cookies, and more!
- For table runners, cut long pieces of black fabric. Use white or yellow fabric paint to draw a street line down the center. Scatter toy cars along the "road" for some extra fun!
- Group bunches of red, yellow, and green balloons (a stoplight!) at important locations, like the sign in table and buffet. Use hot wheel cars as balloon weights to futher tie in the theme.
- Create a car theme dessert table! Place a "Service Station" sign above the table, and make a table tent for each car theme goodie. Mini chocolate donuts can be "spare tires"; chocolate covered pretzels are "chocolate dip sticks"; cotton candy = "air bags"; red licorice are "jumper cables; and small candies (M&Ms or tootsie rolls) can be "nuts and bolts."
- Use the checkered racing flag pattern in banners, garlands, napkins, and more!
- Go all out for your grad by renting or borrowing a classic car. Make the car into a photobooth by setting up a digital camera and tripod along with a bucket of props (hats, sunglasses, etc). After the party, post the pictures for friends and family to see online and print out the best, making an album for the guest of honor!
Enjoy planning your car theme graduation party, and good luck to the grad from the Party Girl!