After your grad has passed the bar, make sure you summon your family and friends for a party with a Graduation Law School Subpoena Invitation! This themed invite will not only make your guests laugh, but it will encourage them to rsvp in a timely manner (or get fined!). Check out a few decorating ideas for a law school grad party below, and make sure to take a look at our other Graduation Law School Subpoena Invitations and Favors, which match our new invites!
Five Law School Graduation Party Ideas
- As table numbers, frame a picture of a Supreme Court Justice along with one of his or her funny quotes. For example, Justice Thurgood Marshall said, "I have a lifetime appointment and I intend to serve it. I expect to die at 110, shot by a jealous husband." The more funny the quote, the better!
- Raid the graduate's library and stack several law books in the center of each table. Top each stack with a wooden gavel, magnifying glass, or brass scales of justice for a dignified look.
- Place law theme signs close to important party locations. Near the bar, post a board that says, "You are about to pass the bar!" (referring to the bar exam) For the buffet, display a sign that reads, "You are on trial and must prove yourself innocent or guilty of hunger!" Near the favors, "Don't object to taking a favor!"
- Instead of a traditional sign in book, matte and frame the attorney's oath for your state. Guests can leave messages and advice on the matte with a permanent marker, and the graduate can hang the framed oath in his or her new office!
- Entertain guests at your event with a silly matching game! List ridiculous laws from a variety of states. (For example, in Alabama you are not allowed to have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.) Have guests match the law to the state, and the player with the most correct answers wins! Use dumblaws.com to help you make a game sheet. They have tons of ridiculous and arcane laws listed by state.
Have fun planning for your law school graduation party, and congratulations to the new attorney from everyone here at Party411.com!