For my cousin’s 8th birthday party, my sister Kathleen and I put our heads together and came up with as many Kids Birthday Party Ideas as possible. After weeding through our choices, we decided to go all out and throw a kitten theme event. (Kittens are my cousin’s favorite!) From the food to the cake to the favor bags and decorations, we made sure to deck the house in as many cute and cuddly creatures as we could! In the end, the party turned into a fun family event that everyone enjoyed.
To help decorate our guests with some silly party wearables, I made easy DIY felt kitten headbands and put one in each of the kiddos favor bags. Follow my simply tutorial below to see how I made them, and make sure to check out my other posts on the party, including one on the decorations and menu and another on DIY kitten favor bags! Don’t forget to take a look at some of our Personalized Kids Party Invitations and Kids Party Favors for more themed inspiration!
- Clear plastic headbands
- Felt sheets (white, tan, brown, pink, and black)
- Hot glue/Hot glue gun
- Cut two large diamonds from the felt (white, tan, brown, or black) and two small triangles from the pink felt.
- Fold the two large diamonds around the headband, and secure the ear along the top and bottom of the headband.
- Allow the glue to dry, and trim the ear until it looks even.
- Next, hot glue a pink triangle to the front of each ear.
- Repeat this process with the remaining headbands.
Hope your little guests enjoy these headbands as much as my cousins did! We were able to take some cute photos of them in action below. (The birthday girl is on the left!) Don't miss out on this fun photo opportunity! :D