If you’re hosting a family friendly super bowl party this year, it’s important that you keep your youngest guests entertained, too. The kiddos may not be able to sit through an entire football game (including commercials and half time), so make sure there are a variety of Super Bowl Party Games and other activities to get them involved in the action!
To help them cheer for their favorite team, try making these fun DIY Super Bowl #1 Felt Fingers in team’s colors. After following my easy how-to, take a shot at a few of the other family friendly activities listed below, and take a look at our Super Bowl Party Ideas for more inspiration as well!
Felt Finger Materials
- Red and white felt
- Red thread
- Sewing machine
- White puffy paint
- Tacky glue
- Download PDF Felt Super Bowl #1 Template
- Print the Download PDF Felt Super Bowl #1 Template, and cut out two hands from one sheet of red felt and a #1 from a sheet of white felt.
- Put the two hands together, and use a sewing machine to sew along the outside edges, leaving the bottom open.
- Glue the white felt #1 onto the hand, and create a white puffy paint border around the outside edges. Allow the favor to dry for several hours before giving them away to guests.
Five More Family Friendly Party Ideas
- Pin the Football on the Goal Posts Game: Most children are familiar with the party game classic, pin the tail on the donkey. So a football variation will be instant fun! On a blank wall, use wide masking tape to create a set of goal posts, and cut footballs from construction paper. Kids will love seeing if they can score three points by putting a football in the goal posts entirely blindfolded!
- Football Juice Boxes: For a cute snack, wrap juice boxes in brown construction paper and add football laces to the front with white acrylic paint.
- XO Cupcakes: Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting, and pipe an “X” for defense or an “O” for offense onto each one with white frosting. These football XO cupcakes will be a favorite with children and adults alike and your dessert table will look just like a real play sheet if you display them on a DIY Felt Super Bowl Table Runner.
- DIY Cheerleader Pom Poms: For the cheerleaders on your guest list, make a few DIY pom poms so they can cheer on their favorite team! Gather 10 lengths of colored crepe paper in your team colors (about 2’ long each) and fold them in half, gathering the center of the bunch in your hand. Tape the center with duct or masking tape, and you have a simple pom pom even the kids can make!
- Football Easter Eggs: Paint plastic Easter eggs with brown acrylic paint and add some laces with white acrylic paint to make each one look like a football. Add 3-4 individually wrapped candies to each “football” for an easy favor or prize to hand out to the kiddos.
Enjoy your family friendly Super Bowl party, and remember to save a seat on the couch for the Party Girl!