If you’re looking to host an Easy New Year’s Eve Party, these party popper favors are a fun treat for kids and adults alike. You can use them throughout the evening, whether they’re part of a blue and silver place setting at dinner or you hand them out to guests before the big ball drops! Follow my simple DIY how-to below, and you’ll have dozens of these poppers before you know it. Then, check out some of our other New Years Eve Party Ideas for some great suggestions on how to plan for the big night!
- White cardstock
- Brown cardstock or toilet paper tubes
- Silver tissue paper
- Blue and silver ribbon
- Snowflake stamp
- Silver stamp pad
- White glitter
- Blue confetti
- Candy/mini prizes
- If using brown cardstock, cut it into 2x3” squares and roll each one into a tube (securing it with tape). If using toilet paper tubes, just cut them in half.
- Next, layer two sheets of silver tissue paper and cut it to fit each roll. Make sure the paper is 1 ½” longer on either end of the tube. Roll the paper around the tube and secure one end with blue ribbon.
- Fill the tube with a variety of confetti, cut ribbon, foam snowflakes, and a small prize (like a piece of candy). Then, close off the other end of the tube with ribbon.
- If you like, fray the tissue paper at the ends of the tube with scissors.
- I added a strip of white cardstock around the center of the tube which I stamped with a silver snowflake and sprinkled with glitter. While this is optional, it added a sweet touch to the popper.
- Make enough so each guest can pop one open when the ball drops! Have them hold either end of the tube and pull hard. One end of the popper will rip open, and the contents will go flying!