Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and there’s no better way to get in the “giving” spirit then to handout Thanksgiving Party Favors at your next get-together. I made these adorable favors for my family’s annual fall party, and I had several requests to bring these acorn desserts to Thanksgiving dinner.
Besides bringing a plate of these goodies to put on the dessert table, I’m also going to put 4-5 of these treats in cellophane bags, top them with a tag, and hand them out as favors. I’ve been thinking of some appropriate phrasing to put on the tags, too. Something like, “Thanksgiving Blessings from the Phelps Family” or “Thankful for You! Love, The Phelps.” If you like this favor, make sure to check out my easy how-to below, and take a look at our other Thanksgiving Ideas and Activities, too!
- 1 Bag Milk Chocolate Hersey Kisses
- 1 Box Mini Nilla Wafers (must be mini!)
- 1 Bag Butterscotch Chips
- ¾ Cup Chocolate Chips
- Cookie Sheet
- Wax Paper
- Quart-Sized Plastic Bag
Directions (makes approximately 55-60 acorns)
- Set up a workstation with a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Unwrap the Hershey Kisses, and line them up on the sheet.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwavable safe bowl on 30 second intervals. After the chocolate is melted, put it in a quart-sized plastic bag. Cut off one corner for piping.
- Next, pipe a dime-sized dollop of chocolate onto the bottom of each Hershey Kiss, pushing a Nilla wafer onto it afterwards.
- After adding wafers to all the kisses, place the tray in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- After removing the tray from the fridge, pipe a small amount of chocolate onto the bottom of a butterscotch chip and place in the middle of each wafer. When finished, allow the chocolate to harden in the fridge again for another 15 minutes.
- If not serving the acorns immediately, store in an airtight container for up to a week. Enjoy!