I needed a way to creepify my front yard for trick-or-treaters this year, and I came up with a cute and cheap way to add a spooky element to my Halloween décor. Scattered around my yard or hidden in corners for my sister’s annual Halloween open house, these glow stick eyes will make family, friends, and nervous trick-or-treaters jump! When combined with several other Halloween Party Ideas, my house will be the scariest on the block!
- 12-16 toilet paper tubes
- Exacto knife
- 12-16 glow stick bracelets (in a variety of colors)
- Make sure all the toilet paper tubes are free of any extra bits of paper.
- With a pen or permanent marker, draw patterns for eyes on each of the tubes. (Use some of mine for examples!)
- Cut out the patterns using an exacto knife and scissors.
- After cutting, press the tube flat, so it is easy for passersby to see the eyes.
- Arrange the tubes in bushes and around the yard on Halloween night. Put a glow stick bracelet in each one to make them glow. (I used purple, green, and orange!) LED votives might also work well for this project.