O’zapft is! This German expression, meaning “It’s tapped!”, is said by the Mayor of Munich when the first keg is tapped to mark the beginning of Oktoberfest. Make sure your Oktoberfest party starts off on the right foot too by serving the perfect appetizers paired with your favorite brews. This beer cheese dip is a popular Oktoberfest recipe that goes well with either soft or hard pretzels. Check out our other Oktoberfest party ideas, and try out this tasty soft pretzel recipe while you’re at it!
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese
- ⅓ cup beer (you can use non-alcoholic beer, too)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- Hard or soft pretzels
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, beer, dressing mix, and cheese.
- You can serve the dip cold or hot. If hot, place in a small crock pot on low for 1 hour before serving. Make sure to stir the dip occasionally.
- Feel free to refrigerate and reheat any leftovers.
TIP: If you want to give your dip a kick, add 1-2 tbs of your favorite hot sauce.
More Great Oktoberfest Ideas: