Looking for a fun and totally useful gift for your graduate? How about a graduation survival guide or a college survival guide? Gather together any number of items your grad will need once they get to college or out in the “real world” and package them up as their very own survival guide.
Here are some ideas that work for either a college grad or a high school grad:
1. Cookbooks – away from home or college, it’s time to learn how to cook. We especially love the 101 More Things To Do With Ramen Noodles books.
2. And, since they can’t cook, how about snacks? Granola bars, granola bars, granola bars!
3. Quarters – time for laundry! Quarters become precious items once you have to pay for laundry. Along with this, laundry detergent and fabric softener are great to add to the package.
7. Poster putty – this stuff is essential for decorating a dorm room or new apartment.
8. Bed and Bath essentials – of course, your grad will need sheets, towels, toiletry caddies, hangers, lamps, etc. Any of these items work perfectly in a survival guide.
9. School logo items – a high school graduate would love to get a shirt with their new school logo. (This is a gift a college grad will love too.)
10. Gift cards – stores like Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond are musts when you graduate, so a gift card to one of these stores is great.
Gather everything up and display it in a nice storage bin (which they can use at school). We know any grad is going to love getting their own survival guide gift.