One of our favorite Sweet 16 parties is our Car Crazy Party. Because 16 is the legal driving age in most states, having a Car themed Sweet 16 is almost too perfect.
With any party we're big believers in theme activities for the guests! Here are five of our favorite Car Crazy Sweet 16 party activities:
- "Driver's License Photo Booth" - Just set up a digital camera, a stool and sheet for the background in a quiet corner. As your guests arrive have someone take a picture doing a "fun" drivers license picture. During the party someone can print out the photos and put them in those small acrylic picture keychains (check Walmart). Lay them out on a table for guests to grab on the way out...an activity and party favor all in one!
- Racing Games - If you can set up Mario Cart on the TV you can have a tournament! Or have guests race radio controlled cars. If you have radio controlled cars make sure you have a defined course! You don’t want grandma tripping on a car.
- Obstacle Course - To bring in the car theme set up car tires and have everyone jump through them. Or weave in and out of traffic cones carrying an egg on a spoon.
- "Red Light, Green Light" - A great group game. Get the adults involved in this one too!
- Driving Trivia - For something low key you can do a trivia sheet where you have to identify little known traffic signs. (This is also a good way to test which friends your child will be allowed to drive with.)
If you have any great car inspired games or activity please share in the comments below.