You know what I love? Celebrating other people’s birthdays. I know it sounds weird but it’s true. I like watching the guest of honor open their presents and just the pure joy of the event. You know what is even better? A surprise party!
Want to throw a great surprise party for your friend's birthday party? Here are a few tips to make your surprise party a success.
- Bring the celebrants favorite cake or pie. It’s their special day so make sure they have their special treat. Make sure you have a little message written on the cake/pie to make sure it doesn’t look like a stock cake.
- Bring trick candles. Why not? Trick candles are always hilarious. Always. It’s even better when the celebrant doesn’t know they’re trick candles. They are already excited about the surprise, so add in one more surprise with the trick candles.
- Keep your mouth shut. This is the hardest thing to do. It is your friend you are surprising so you don’t want them to be bummed about their birthday. For the sake of the surprise, keep your mouth shut and keep saying you have other plans. Have to.
- Get to someone on the inside. If you’re traveling to a destination for this surprise party make sure you have an inside source. I recently traveled to Chicago to surprise one of my best friends, so we had to absolutely had to get into contact with one of her high school pals. End result, success.
- Fake an event. You need one person to work with your friend and convince them to go to a lunch or bowling. You need to trick the celebrant into moving. Once they are on the move your surprise is all ready. I mean, it’s hard to surprise someone if they are in the house all day.
- The timing of the guests is of the utmost importance. Make sure all of the party attendees show up at least 30 minutes before the party. And to park out of site. Nobody is going to miss the 17 cars parked outside. It’s ok to walk, it’s for your friend.
- Keep in touch with the celebrant. Someone has to be with the guest of honor. Texting is easy enough to do. Make sure you know when the guest of honor is set to arrive so you have the perfect “SURPRISE” planned.
Do you have any other birthday surprise tips? Feel free to leave them in the comments section below.