I made these bacon and crescent roll up appetizers for our International Talk Like a Pirate Day party on Friday. While I doubt they were standard pirate fare back in the day, they were a tasty addition to to our celebration. They are easy to make, so bake some up for ITLAPD (which is really today btw).
Bacon and Cheese Crescent Arr-petizers
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- bacon cooked, drained, and crumbled, or bought this way
- 8 oz. refrigerated crescent rolls
- this should make about 15, depending how thick you cut them
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine cheese, mayo and bacon.
- Take the crescent dough and make 2 triangles into a rectangle by pinching the seams together - do this on both sides and do it well!
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto rectangles, roll up, starting with longest sides.
- Press seams together to seal, cut each roll into slices,(1/2 inch to 3/4 inch is good) place cut side down on greased baking sheet. Bake 11 minutes, or until golden brown.
Enjoy me hearties!