To theme or not to theme, that is the question. When you’re throwing a party, do you really need a theme, and if so, how do you decide which theme is right for your party? Here are a few things to keep in mind to help you decide.
- Size of the Party. A larger party typically does need a theme. It will help keep people interested and excited. A smaller party or get together is fun with a theme, but certainly doesn’t need one.
- Location of the Party.
- Some party locations don’t need a theme. If you’re having a party at Whirly Ball (so fun!), then the entertainment at the party should be enough for your event.
- Some locations ARE your theme. Having a birthday at the zoo? You’ll want a zoo theme. A Mexican restaurant? A fiesta theme!
- Some locations do need a theme. A hotel ballroom or party center is purposely designed to be neutral for people to design their party however they like. So, choose ANY theme for these locations.
- Type of Party. A backyard barbecue for family and friends or a pub crawl probably does not need a theme, but a birthday party, retirement party, Bar or Bat Mitzvah or a kids party (ok, any special occasion event) can all benefit from having a theme. A theme helps you decide how to decorate and makes your party about you or the guest of honor!
- Date of the Party. A 4th of July party calls for a Patriotic party and a Christmas party, of course, calls for a Christmas theme. This doesn’t mean you can’t be creative with your theme, but do keep the holiday in mind when planning.
- You! You might be the type of person who loves a theme party. If so, then go for it regardless of the size of the party or the location. Hate themes? Then relax and have a great party without a theme.
Ok, so if you’ve decided to host a theme, how do
you decide what theme to use? I can’t
tell you how many people have come in the meet with me and the Party Girl over
the years with no idea what theme to use for their party. I’m always amazed that after a short
conversation with the Party Girl they ALWAYS leave thrilled with a theme that
fits their tastes and wants for their party. (She’s amazing, really!) Here are some tips to help you decide.
Bottom line, it’s up to you if you want to have a
theme for your party. There are no firm
rules about this one. Pick a theme that
is fun, fits the guest of honor and that you’ll enjoy. Three great reasons to have a theme party: Have a wonderful party! - Amy
Bottom line, it’s up to you if you want to have a theme for your party. There are no firm rules about this one. Pick a theme that is fun, fits the guest of honor and that you’ll enjoy.
Three great reasons to have a theme party:
Have a wonderful party! - Amy