was at the office last week and I was helping her with her upcoming women’s
golf outing. We were making signs for
each hole with presidential trivia as a game for their Election theme outing. Jimmy, our web guy, came by and we told him
what we were working on. He laughed and
said he thought golf outings were just golf and drinking beer with
friends! I guess that’s the difference
between a women’s golf outing and a men’s!
The conversation got me thinking about all the fun themed outings my Mom and her golf buddies had had over the years. A theme is a great addition to a golf outing and makes the day with friends even more special. Here are a few I’ve loved over the years.
- Election. This is the one she’s planning for this year – perfect timing, right? Lots of red, white and blue and presidential trivia.
- Olympics. Another great one for 2008. Teams dressed up in Olympics colors.
- Holidays. They set each table at lunch (after golf) as a different holiday. There were birthday hats on one table, an Easter basket on another table and Christmas decorations on another. It was great.
- Luau. A classic, easy theme to decorate. Golfers got leis in their carts as they headed out for the day.
- First. For the women’s league’s first
year, they had a “First” theme. All the
questions for trivia on the course were about “firsts” and “ones” and they
decorated with Number One Mylar balloons.
So, if you’re planning a golf outing, theme it for an upcoming event (Olympics) or just a fun party theme (luau) and you’re guests will start asking about next year before the day is out!
Maybe it’s time I take up golf too!