Celebrate the graduate in your life by hosting a travel theme graduation party complete with a Graduation Travel Boarding Pass Invitation! Help the new grad “hit the road” and start their new life by including travel elements throughout the party, and don’t forget decorate your venue and send guests home with travel favors, too. (Check out our Graduation Travel Invitations and Party Favors for inspiration!) To help you get started, take a look at a few decorating tips that incorporate a travel theme below.
- Hang green and blue balloons along with inflatable globes (similar to a beach ball) near focal points, like the buffet and sign in tables.
- Instead of a traditional sign in book, frame a picture of the graduate on vacation (with high school or college friends if you can). Have guests leave well wishes on the matte.
- For table signs, use mini road signs of places the graduate has been/wants to go (i.e. Paris, New York, Tokyo). Another fun alternative is placing a picture of the grad at each location as a table tent.
- For table coverings, use large maps. Place a clear plastic tablecover over them to protect the maps from spills.
- Tie balloons in the party's colors to the handle of a small suitcase and scatter them throughout the venue. For the sign in table, leave the suitcase open so guests can place their gifts and cards in it.
Enjoy planning your travel theme graduation party, and good luck to the grad from the Party Girl!